We hear on a daily basis about crime, not only in Indianapolis, but the surrounding region in the news. This is why it is so important for all of us to be vigilant at home, at work, shopping, in our parks, at church and schools, and any place else that we may be. Never hesitate calling 911 if you see something that does not seem right to you. Do report all suspicious activity.
Attached is the November Crime Report for District 6. Please look it over. With 60 incidents this is the LOWEST number of incidents we have had in a long time and never anything lower. We only had one other month the last three years that had 60 incidents, and that was March, 2017. The next lowest was 66 in February, 2016. While we would always like to see numbers even lower, this is good news for our district. Over all for the year we are at 933 incidents. We are down by 59 from last year and down 146 from 2016. Hopefully we will finish December with another low incident amount and can continue to make 2019 even better.
While we are finishing up this very busy season – don’t let your guard down! Follow this tips:
- Always lock your car.
- Never leave anything of value (or what looks like it may be of value) in your car
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Limit what you carry in your arms so that someone cannot easily grab a purse or wallet.
- When out do not be distracted by looking or talking on a cell phone.
- Do not let your vehicle warm up when you are not in it.
- If expecting a package, watch for it or ask a neighbor to watch for it if you are not going to be home.
- Since it gets dark extremely early, and even earlier on cloudy days, please remember to leave outside lights on in the evening and at night.
Remember, if you see something – say something. Call 911 when something seems suspicious. Our Northwest District IMPD does a great job protecting us. We need to do what we can to help as well. Together we have done a great job at reducing crime and keeping it from rising in our district. Let’s continue to be aware. Please feel free to forward this to those in our district who may not be on my email list.
City-County Councillor District 6