Many of you have most likely heard that the Primary Election scheduled for May 5th has now been moved to June 2nd. Other related changes and their dates are as follows:
- Monday, May 4th: Voter Registration Deadline
- Tuesday, May 5th: Early Voting Begins in Person
- Thursday, May 14th: Traveling Boards Begin
- Thursday, May 21st: Deadline for a request for an Absentee By-Mail Ballott to be received by the Clerk or Board of Elections and Registration
- Monday, June 1st: Deadline for Traveling Boards and noon deadline for Early Voting
- Tuesday, June 2nd: Primary Election Day (noon is the deadline for absentee ballots)
Besides moving the Primary Election to June 2nd, the largest change that affects every voter is that any registered voter may vote by an absentee mail-in ballot. This allows all of us to vote by mail and not go to the polls in person, and not just those who met the criteria that had previously been on the application.
If you need to register or check on your voter registration status go to: indianavoters.in.gov. You may also print an Application for Absentee Ballot from this site as well as find out other information about the election.
I do hope that this is very helpful. Please share this information with others to help keep everyone informed of the changes for our upcoming Primary Election in Indiana.